INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION FOR EX LIBRIS –
120 years of the Ljuben Karavelov Regional library
RULES & REGULATION
1. Ljuben Karavelov Regional Library of Rousse is organizing international competition for ex libris. It is devoted to the 120 years of setting up the library (1888-2008). The competition is with purpose to commemorate the anniversary by the uniqueness of ex libris – a sign of possession, of connection between the book and its owner, a sign of relations between writer, book and reader.
words "ex libris" and “Rousse
should be included in that sign. But it may also include other signs, words,
letters and texts -
as well as the name of the owner. The
maximum size should be 13 by
3. Any graphic techniques that allow total printing can be used (except using photocopier).
4. The artists can participate with up to 3 different ex-libris only.
5. Four prints of each, the address and e-mail of the participant must be sent by the 22nd April 2008 to the following address:
Ljuben Karavelov Regional library
1st Dondukov-Korsakov Street
Bulgaria, Ruse 7000
Public relations department
Attn: Ivan D. Ivanov-Joanni - Graphic room consultant
The sent works become a
possession of Ljuben
Karavelov Regional library – Rousse
and will be a part of
at the library web site
6. The following awards will be given:
prize – 250 EUR.
- The Lions Club "Rouse" District130 Bulgaria prize – 100 EUR.
The jury has the right not to give all the announced prizes if it estimates that's the proper decision.
To every prize will be added an honorary diploma for the three sections of printing.
7. The awards will be judged by a blue-ribbon Jury at an open meeting presented by local and national mass media. The selected works will be exposed in The Graphic Room of the library in May 2008.
Every selected participant will receive a free catalogue.
E-mail: email@example.com ,
tel. +359 082 820 131, mob.tel. +359 887 440192
9. All the participants must agree with the rules & regulations of this competition.